Sunday, October 12, 2008

Much to do about Me

I have not been writing much this last week as I have been busy! I worked a 90+ hour pay period that kept me guessing since some was evening and the rest days. I also have a few tasks in the works that keep me shuffling things in the apartment.

We had to give up one storage unit that had e-bay/craigs list and garage sale items in it. There was also a few seasonal boxes. I can probably fit them in the other storage with some work but the main concern was move it out before the manager cut the lock. We had to mark on our storage who it belonged to. My parents were going to have a sale this summer but things kept coming up. As I went through things in trying to organize the apartment I kept some things for a garage sale. Most has been dispersed but I still have a few boxes in the hall that leads to the bedrooms.

The other project has been spray painting the green Ikea locker. It was bought originally when I had the vending machine biz. I kept the cookies and candies locked up so they weren't consumed! When I moved to the Baker Apts. I still had the biz so that was fine. When we moved to our current place the Boys used it in their room. Now it is in the entry of the apartment and the color is not working for me. I chose a wonderful deep red as the main color to start. I wasn't going to do all over coverage. I wanted depth to the piece. The second coat was swirling the red and a hammered copper. The green got mostly covered but adds interest. I love the way it turned out! It took over two hours to finish! It was a calm day when I took it all down (by myself) to work on it in the parking lot. After I started the wind picked up a bit. I spent a lot of time standing around in the chill waiting to spray. There are cars in close proximity so . . . I finally got done. I just need to do the matte finish lacquer spray and done! Hopefully Monday or Tuesday so I can put things away.

In doing the spray paint stand - off I got the cold going around the Pharmacy. I cant afford to get sick so as soon as I got to work I consulted one of the Pharmacist to see if I could take cold ease with my blood thinner. She researched it and said it should be fine. I felt a lot worse yesterday. I'm better today and doing what I usually do when I am feeling sick. I slept in and took it easy today. I even took a nap before work. Still don't feel well but could be a lot worse.

The scanning project has been put on hold for a bit. I had to put the box of pictures away to make room for storage room stuff. I will have time to work on it this winter, I'm sure. Some of the pictures brought out wonderful memories forgotten.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home