Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Medical Ramblings

This is an update on the whatnot's of my health. If you are one that didn't enjoy reading the medical - stop reading! The rest of us will wait while you leave.. . . Go already!

Let's start with the super news. I am finally back in therapeutic window after three weeks. (Sept 17th) The problem with drug therapy is getting the right dose that is not too much or too little. It is hard to get the tweak just right and keep it there! When I started this post (Sept. 17th) I was "in window". Since then it has been a back and forth battle. We up the dose then back off and up and. . . . you get the idea. At last weekly check (Thursday) I was way out of "window" but hope to have better news Monday evening. I have to go in at least once a week.

As for Monday's appointment. It didn't not go well. I am still out of window! It is dangerous given my condition. I can over clot on top of my surface clot and go deep vein again. Last time the vein valve to the deep vein got stuck open. That is some sludgy blood.

I had to double my dose for Monday as well as give myself two more shots in the belly. Really? I have to come early again tomorrow (Wed) before my shift and have my blood checked again. If I'm not in window then I will have to do a 4-6 day round of belly shots. Besides the ick factor it is uber expensive. Send me your extra good vibes, Please. Want a lame way to die. Not very Diva-like.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home