Sunday, October 05, 2008

Scan o the Day (run in the hood)

This is the neighborhood I grew up in. I am almost to our house. You can see the columns of the porch next door. I'm not sure why my mom took this pic.

The house on the hill behind me was the lawn my oldest brother Mike used to mow. It does not look like much in this picture but it was a couple of stories tall. My brother bought a gas lawn mower. He then took lots of ropes, pulleys and bolts and built a special mower for the job. He got hired by most of that block to do the front lawn.

We also used to combine our hot wheels tracks down the hill and race. Okay, we did not think that one through since the hot wheel would be destroyed after going down the hill and hitting the asphalt of the street. It was still fun.

I think I'm 18 or 19 in the pic. Running was my passion at the time. My mom liked how my hair swung when I ran.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home