Friday, October 03, 2008

The scan of the day is . . . .

A photo I took in 1987. This is coming toward sundown. We took the dogs for a final romp of the day at the beach. The lighter colored Golden was my puppy. Sammy is what I called her but her official name was Secret Agent Mutt. When we left for Stanford for John to go into the Education Program I had to give her up. It was heart breaking for me. We really bonded.I actually sat on the kitchen floor and cried so hard I thought I would throw up.

The other dog is Lucy. She was John's dog that his mom bought for him when he was in college. He had nothing to do with the sale. She was really Marty's dog but when we got a house she became ours. In hind sight John didn't really like dogs. He was around them his whole life but never really cared for them.


Marty was so impressed with another photo I took at the same time she got it enlarged and framed for John's birthday. It is a better color photo with reflections in the wet sand but John is in it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home