Monday, July 27, 2009

Could I be obsessed?

I don't seem to have the time to type these days as I am either at work, biking or sleeping. Now that I can bike again (mostly pain free) I seem to head out every morning. The apartment is in need of a good vacuum job, and the kitchen is cleaned . . . to a young mans standard but I just cant stop myself! The weather was supposed to get way hot so I figured I would keep biking until the morning came when it was too warm from the start. So far that has not happened. I have seen some interesting things everyday on my bike rides. It would be wonderful if I could dictate to something or somebody while I biked. I'm not sure to what or whom but you would hear a lot more from me. The stories would be fun. Anyway, last week on the dock (across from downtown on the SE side) I saw a lesbian couple get engaged - velvet-like ring box and all. It was very cute but since I was almost home and had to get to work I did not stop to see the rest unfold. I Biked along side a retired couple from San Diego. They were here on Vacation and brought their folding Bike Friday bikes to see the sights. We chatted for a couple of miles before they turned around to head back downtown.

I love how the same path along the river can be a very different vibe depending on the day and time of day. Early in the morning it can be quiet and semi-deserted. It is really nice to hear the birds and quiet. Middle of the day can get crowded especially around OMSI with lunch walkers, runners and innocent families about to get mowed over by hard core bikers! I LOVE my urban lifestyle and cant imagine the quiet suburban life again. I do want a house but not far from the city center. I LOVE MY NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!

I thought about this post-in-progress while I was biking today. I'm not so much obsessed as I am thrilled to be exercising (esp biking) again. The feeling of muscles working and the energy it gives me from exercising is better than any drug I can dole out at work. I miss skating tremendously but it not not okay yet. I don't even know if my pads fit into my skates. I know it seems not me to follow the rules but seriously I have used at least three of my nine lives in the last couple of years. Who knows how any before that. I don't want to make things worse by ignoring the obvious. I need my feet, duh!

Today was the day it got hot. I got back from a 14 mile ride at 12:20 and it was already 88 degrees. I think 6 days in a row is great. Tomorrow is my day off but I have plenty to do. I have givien myself two days off and I will hopefully bike on my next day off, Thursday or Friday after day shift.

For those not on Facebook I invite you to join a group from work including others not from work to see the new Harry Potter in IMAX. We are going to Bridgeport this Thursday at 19:00. We bought our tickets online and will be in line starting 18:00ish.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home