Saturday, January 08, 2011

I need to catch you up

I have had a lot going on this year already. I am helping my mom/parents get ready for my dad's 80th birthday/party, my mom's last replacement surgery (two days after) and my Auntie She She coming to visit for two months. She is going to help my mom after surgery. My mom is being pretty sensible but at the same time she is trying to get everything clean and organized for my dad and She She. That means I am helping every day after work or all day on days off for the last couple weeks. We have cleaned, sorted, framed and re-framed art, re-decorated and generally changed what my mom wanted to do. She could not do a lot of that with my dad because he does not have that artistic/creative side. It gets the other person to see things in a different light - refreshing. I'm glad I could be there for her and help. It is not fun to feel helpless and frustrated when you are injured.

In all the helping mom some decoration changed in my place. The couch my parents had in their family room is nice but it was too low for my mom to get up from. My parents decided to find a couch my mom is more comfortable with since she is having surgery. They found one they both liked so they asked if I wanted theirs. I said yes so that set in motion a day of moving couches. Once they replaced the couch that triggered a chain of decorating events. My mom got eight or so paintings back so we were re-arranging art until we ran out of room! That means I got some new paintings at my place! It has been lots of new looks at both places including fabric shopping, sewing, moving things and getting new. As the dust settles I have a new-to-me couch, a new coffee table/ottoman, art work, the pillows I re-covered in red, and a few treasures got from my mom and junking.

I was really tired last night after I finally got home around 8pm. (I got up at 5:30am and worked until 1pm.) I was up cleaning some new treasures from my junking and general mess before I gave up and went to bed. I slept for almost 12 hours but was tired when I got up! After coffee I started puttering, blogging, straightening, organizing and waiting to hear what my mom needed help with today. She called and said they were fine today but she wanted me to sew my pillows with the fabric that we got on our shopping trip after couch changing. My place was messy and I really wanted to be creative so it was great! I got them cut out, sewed and stuffed just need to hand sew them shut. I will finish that in the morning when it is light and I am fresh.

Before we go to the airport tomorrow to get She She we are going to IKEA to look at art lights but before that my parents are coming here to look at art placement. I think some need adjusted or moved or . . . ? It has been a busy but satisfying week. We will have some fun this next week before mummzy has surgery. The Geezers are on the move!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home