Sunday, November 28, 2010

Did I do the math right?

I was looking at my blog here and realized it has been over six years of my ramblings! That seems so long yet so short. I have done a lot of living in that time and shared it all. Re-reading some posts bring back good memories while others bring pain. I hope in all my typing that you, devoted readers, have got something positive out of it. I know that in expressing the good and the bad I have learned more about myself and the inner strength I did not know I had. I have survived, cancer, injury, heart ache, homelessness but have experienced love, triumph, joy and success. I am proud of who I am.

So I had a date this morning. I know I'm still sick but felt like I need to at least try to do something in life. I contacted this guy at the end of summer. We seemed to hit it off and decided to meet for a Happy Hour on Friday. That was on a Tuesday but then he disappeared. I saw he was online this last Friday and e-mailed him asking what happened. He said he had some bad experiences meeting gals from the site freaked and bailed. We typed back and forth Friday and then Saturday. He asked to meet and said he had tickets to Pittock Mansion. The last time I was at PM I was still married and the kids were in grade school. It sounded like a good time.
We met for coffee and then headed out. Via e-mail he was a nice funny guy. In person he was okay looking but I felt no spark. The more we talked I wondered what we had in common. Strike one - He does not understand why people want to own pets. Strike two - He does not like to go to things with crowds (concerts, sporting events, downtown, DISNEYLAND) strike three - he has never understood the reason for parades. There is a lot more but it is disappointing to re-cap anymore. I like dating someone I just hate the finding them part.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home