Sunday, November 21, 2010

Who knew beads could be so cool

Even though I'm still not feeling well I went with t to the Gem Faire at the Convention Center. I was interested to learn more about why and how t chooses the beads and decides what to make with them. She was surprised at my interest in the process. She said no one had ever inquired about her process before. I enjoyed my time at the show and even gave her a project! I took a necklace of vintage black glass beads with me. I love the beads but the necklace is too long and old fashion. I brought them with me and showed it to t asking if she could do something with it. In one of the booths I found some varied copper colored pearls in unusual shapes. The string of 30ish pearls was on sale for $7. t thinks they will be fabulous together! She is going to make a necklace and possibly a fitted bracelet to match! Very cool. I don't often get a chance to hang with t except for skating on Wednesdays. I love to see Mr.t and Master t but it is fun to do girly stuff - no boys allowed.

t (aka Tabitha or t'Betcha) makes wonderful jewelry she sells on Etsy. She is part of a Cyber Monday BOGO sale with some other Etsy sellers on November 29th. (If you buy something tell I sent ya) I have marked a few of her pieces as favorites that I would like to get myself.

I will post photos as soon as t sends them to me. I sent the necklace and pearls home with her.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home