Saturday, July 16, 2011

I have a kick ass clan!

Today was a good day. My dad and I went to the Portland Highland Games. I have Scottish in my blood as well as Irish not to mention Swedish, Dutch and Norwegian. I also have Canadian Indian in me too. I am your general mutt. Anyway, my dad and I made a day of the Highland Games. We enjoyed the dancing, the bag pipes, athletics, clan pride and good weather after morning rain. I really enjoy my clans symbol. A woman with
a sword in one hand holding a mans head in the other. Seems like me.

The second photo is my new want. It is a utility kilt. The gal that took this photo for me was my body type and had on a UK made out of denim. I love it for multiple reasons but it goes with my shoes! I really miss wearing skirts. The pants around the ankle are because they were a tent next to the track and had no dressing room or mirror. An awesome kilt with wonderful pockets and pleats for a price of $200ish I would wear it a lot but seems way out of my price range especially now. A girl can dream . . . I don't enjoy changing my style to accommodate my foot wear but the pain is not worth it. If it would pass for scrubs I would totally stock up!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home