Thursday, October 27, 2011

Here I am!

Okay, I have been crazy busy. I have been working 97 hours or more every 2 weeks. My days off are random and jam packed. As I typed earlier I don't have time in my daily schedule! I get up, drink my coffee and eat a bit of something, change, stretch and hit the road on my bike by 10am at the latest. When I get back I stretch, shower and get to work. When I get home from work at night I plan my biking and work clothes for the next day and lay them out, make lunch, fix my coffee sans ground beans, do laundry and other tasks and get to bed by 11pm. I hate to be tired especially if I am working many days in a row so I make sure I get my sleep. I know this crazy schedule wont last forever and the beefy paychecks are helping me catch up after the months off of work. I have also bought a few Christmas presents as I figured out what I really wanted to get folks. Okay, so I don't have much of a life but I am taking care of business!

I had Monday off so I was going over to sew the awesome coat with my mom. I suspected things might get d-railed when we were starting at Costco. I had no idea. I knew my dad has been anxious about my eyes and my brother Mike. My dad was diagnosed and treated for Macular (wet) eye disorder earlier this year.(it can make your vision dim and eventually you can go blind) My Brother Mike was diagnosed last week. I have not had my eyes checked since the last glasses my mom got me for my birthday 2009. As we walking in my dad looked over at the eye glasses department. I told him I was thinking of looking at glasses and get my eyes checked. He beamed and said "No problem, Kid - take your time" It made for a long Costco visit. The short of it I am a clean bill of eye health but needed a stronger mid and low level prescription to my Progressives (the reading) so I picked out new frames. More later.

We had a snag in the sewing of the awesome coat. My shrinking and a generous pattern slowed our progress. We also had trouble finding the trim that goes all around the edges of the coat since it is not lined. After much asking and several fabric stores we have it. Sunday should finish it and not soon enough! It has got nippy here!

The car accident I had late in the year in 2008 has mostly (finally) been settled. Cant quite talk about it yet but that was most of my Tuesday off. Sunday is the next day off after a double shift Saturday. Good times. So there you go. Back dated posts to come but I don't know when.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home