Monday, July 25, 2011

Best of Show


I went to my first dog show. It was not what I expected but I was not sure what to expect. Actually with my week I did not have time to think much about it. The only references I had was the movie "Best of Show" and an episode of "Sex and the City." You know, the one where Charlotte shows here dog that she got as a gift from a dog breeder/show person. Anyway, it was less formal than the New York show but did I have some awesome people watching! The reason I went was to meet the lady I originally contacted to find a Boston Terrier for my own. I was very close to plunking down some cash for a goofy but well mannered Boston. Then I lost my job and here we are. I loved her two dogs that were showing. O'Leary won the adult male class over the number three in the country! He was chosen to compete in the final ring for best of show in his class. There were 17 dogs in the ring. Sadly, O'Leary did not get the big price but it truly is an honorto be in the ring. His owner Connie is a very nice lady. She is going to find me an adult trained Boston with her connections. I hope by the beginning of the year I will be caught up on bills, have some money saved and bought some of the other things I really need but could not afford this year. I really need a new mattress! I want a nice soft mattress like I slept in one time in a wonderful hotel - good times. So that is not a few hundred smacks but a good nice sleep, priceless. I have never been the one to choose the mattress I wanted.

Connie had a friend she drove up with from her kennel club that has an adorable bulldog. Katie is a year old and is well mannered but soooo cute! I could only get one good photo of her. Every time I tried she wanted to slobber on me and get some loving. She did not win her class but has only been in a few shows and is usually showed by a handler. All in all it was an interesting show and wonderful to meet Connie and her dogs. The big show is in Janurary if anyone wants to go with me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home