Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Don't give in to things that will break you

I have really thought a lot about this in the last year.  I am not in the right profession! Most of the folks I work with are conformed to the main stream way of thinking, acting and looking. They have no creative ways and buy beige couches for their over priced beige houses! Republican homophobs that can't imagine stepping "out of the box". They care what the" Jones" think and what they are doing - very nosy!  I guess they think too much with one side of their brain and are afraid of sticking out or being unique. Reminds me of high school in that you want to fit in and be cool.  I need to be comfortable in my work environment and the people around me. That is not the case in 2 put of 3 places I have worked.Of course I am referring to the majority but it wears on me. Just mentioning a TV show I liked in passing brought on a majority lecture (four people ganging up on me and telling me not to watch the show.) about why I should not watch it and how ridiculous the story was. The show is "True Blood".  Last time I checked this was a free speech
country. My TV my enjoyment, right? I don't like being censored about something I choose to do especially by persons that have no authority over my person.

I think the one of my bigger problems at the moment is the lack of
professional respect at my current workplace that has me so peeved. It
reminds me of Junior High all over again. The phrase "you don't have to
like me to treat me with respect" does not apply. It is almost like I am living one of those bad reality shows from TV! The other phrase I hear all to often is "that is not part of my job". As far as I am lead to believe is we are "all" on the same team so it is part of your job!
 

Now that I am done with that rant I can move on to the rest of what is bugging me because of my job. I have let the toxic bad vibe of this work place get to me. Well, between that and perimeno I think I just let go of my goodness and personal respect and "turned to the dark side".  What I mean by that is my up beat attitude seems to have left me. I have not been able to bike as much mostly because of the weather and family stuff. Worse I have not gone as often as I could of but chose instead to be a couch potato. I have let myself down by not exercising and eating poorly. This is not the behavior of a Diva! I have actually given myself a lot of grief over my "letting go". Abby goes along with whatever but I am sure she would like more outdoor/play time. I have had a lot of changes since Kel and and Abby moved in a week apart from each other in February. My time is not my own and I have had to make comprises with another person moving into our small apartment.  I made a firm, stick-to-it decision for myself last Monday. There will be no more of this behavior and attitude! BBB will be used more often and eating a much better diet! You will hear more and the plan but I wanted to post so it isn't just me knowing I have master plan.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home