Friday, January 04, 2013

Not Banner

I strive to remain upbeat and press on against the adversity in life. I don't like a pity party so . . . .  There is no way around this but to say 2012 was not a Banner year in Marta's World. It was a pretty hard year. How hard you say? Soul sucking, tuck-your-head-down-and-try-to-keep-moving-aginst-the-wall-of-defensive-line-year. I took some hard hits but I am still standing. You didn't doubt that did you?
The year started out so promising but derailed early on. I keep trying to break through the adversity but much like a football player trying to get though a good defensive line to get first down I just could not get through! Sure, I had little triumphs but really sat down to rest in May and did not get up again until August. I really took a stand against a bully at work with Management and the union. She remains bitter and quiet. Sadly there are lots more bullies at my work.

I also had to stand up to Wil's girlfriend. She was not what or who she appeared to be. I asked her to leave and go back home. She "could not". I told her I could not/would not support her anymore. It came to bull shit and me kicking her out. Wil was not pleased. It took him three more months to move out. Big hit in our relationship. I did not see him or hear from him during the holidays.

Highlights and triumphs
Getting Abby
Making my first bead jewelery
Finally living on my own!
standing up to Bullies
Hitting 50 with style
enjoying the apartment rearranged the way I like it

stay tuned for the roll out of the "New Year" coming soon

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home