Monday, June 25, 2012

Creative nerd alert!


Well, I am excited to tell you that the local artist I heart and sparked my first Mod Podge project has invited me to her studio! I found a card she made at Crafty Wonderland (Downtown at the Street Car stop just across from the Library) a week or more ago. I loved all her work on display but got a card that I love just to have. After I had the card I picked up and interesting shaped but ugly "in box" at the "Swap Shop" at work. I think I have mentioned this little rack before. You can leave or take anything left at the "SS" for work OR home. That is when it started clicking in my creative! I wanted to use the card and maybe a second along with some interesting handmade paper to cover the ugly in box for my desk at home! Last week (Wed June 20th) when I went to Ace, Blick, Powells and Paper Source that was what I was up to! I found her online store and blog on the internet. I want to buy in all but we all know that can't happen. I was looking for another card to complement the one I have and the paper I bought. I messaged her and asked if this one and that would go together and I love this and how much is that sale one. . . .. I told Hadley what I was doing and strictly for home use - not resale. So I got an email asking if I wanted to come to her studio. I hope it works to go tomorrow on my only day off this week. She has not replied back yet. I am very excited to meet her and see all of her pieces!


I have taken extra days and extra hours to days I have shifts for the next week or more. I have a three day weekend right after 4th of July. The Gem Faire and Bead show is Friday the 6th. The 7th and 8th are my weekend off so I get a mini vacation! I am planning to go over to my parents on Saturday and maybe Sunday to work on projects. There is a community room at the apartment where I could spread out to work but I would have to guard my projects! Much easier to work at my parents in the back yard and take Abby.  
It has been two weeks to the day since my inner Diva gave me the mental Cher movie slap. It was a good thing and about bloody time! I have been feeling the positive and working the positive! I am eating right and not feeling the cravings. I cut out sugar, chocolate, wine and fatty/ salty foods. I eat sensibly but not on a diet. Just back to the usual Diva. I am feeling so good about things! I bike at least every other day and take Abby to dog park or long walk the other. I am pleased with myself and how well it is working out!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home