Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Which Peanuts Character are you?

I found this quiz this morning of the Peanuts gang. (quiz gone in 2008) It turns out I'm most like Peppermint Patty. There is so much I could say but I'll let you all have the fun. ;0. Take the test for yourself and let me know which Peanuts Character you are most like. Wil is Woodstock. Nick still needs to try but its not his turn on the computer yet!

My 13 year old (Nick) has always been into sports. He has played all sorts of sports in his young live but skateboarding is his passion. Last summer he passed an old board on to me. I tried on my own to get the hang of it but sucked. (I was a Roller Derby Queen in the day!) He decided to teach me. The first couple of lessons didn't go so well. I wasn't "doing it right". I told him I really wanted to learn! I wasn't going to see him for a few days so I asked him to really pay attention to the basics as he did them. Think how you could teach it to me. Next time I saw him we had a lesson and within a half hour I was boarding! I really enjoyed learning and being able to just do it. I was getting to the point in our lessons that he wanted to take me to a skate park to show me off. I had to go and sprain my ankle and mess it up!

Nick just finished a week long skate camp at Department Of Skateboarding. He was able to try and do things he has wanted to learn. He was trying a hard trick and snapped his board in half. One of the dudes said he would bring a board for Nick to use on the last day. They had some pro's on tour show up on the last day for some fun and prizes. Along with winning many cool things he was given a new board. When (pro) Paul Rodriguez heard what happened he gave Nick a board. I did inherit 1/2 his old board signed by Paul R.. Nick also won some shock trucks and better wheels. He had a blast doing something he enjoys. I've enjoyed watching him grow and push his skill level but it has renewed my interest in skateboarding. *sigh.*

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home