Monday, March 14, 2005

Beautiful weather, Beautiful life, Beautiful Me.

The beautiful sunny weather continues. I love the way the sun feels on my head and shoulders when I'm outside. It's great on a walk just to be out in the day. It seems to have brightened everybody's mood. Even the cranky people I know are basking in our unusual weather


Boy was "I out in the day" on Saturday! My photo shoot was on location in the rolling farm land above the Dalles. It was strange to see the start of green sprouting up where soon it will take on a desert like quality. The trees are something out of a old west back lot and yes, there were tumble weeks rolling along in the gale like force winds! The wind would kick up and be so strong and chilled I'm surprised I didn't turn blue! At one of the sites Angie asked me to relax "Look like you are having fun." Actually I was having fun and some of the poses "to cover things" should have been awkward but they weren't. The problem was the freezing wind was hideous! It was taking all I had not to shiver or have my teeth chatter! I broke pose and shook everything out then jumped back in it with a big grin. That took care of that site.

We went to three different sites for eight or ten different poses. Other than my cowboy hat and boots I had nothing but the wind on. For the most part only strategically placed body parts covered things up for the photos. I was really relaxed for this despite the fact we were trespassing and could (and almost did) get caught at any moment. It was really fun.

Their hope was to combine beautiful landscapes with the themed photos. Given what little "I had on" DB said that is a nice idea but I'm not sure that anybody will appreciate that. It's not what they will be looking at. He may be right. It was a nice way to spend half a day.

The last location we went to was back close to the main road. It was a horse corral with a horse and donkey hanging out. It consisted of a wood gate, a bathtub with another tub in it for water and a place for hay. It was right on the gravel road where the road bends. There were some trees there and rolling hills. They wanted some shots of me with the horses. (Horse and donkey) Angie and Bill stood about twenty feet away with Angie getting the shot the way she wanted. Bill was in charge of my robe and watching for people. He was more interested in his chocolate bar than his assistant duties. The first time we heard a car Bill started heading for the car WITH MY ROBE!!! Did I mention the boots were several sizes too big? Not good for a quick getaway. (neither is my ankle) So Angie yells at him and he tears back a few beats too late but the passing farmer in truck didn't seem to mind. We all take a breath and get ready to resume when another car is upon us. I only had the robe 1/2 off so it wasn't hard to fix. We realized how guilty we appeared all looking away from the road and trying to act causal with me in a blue terry robe a cowboy hat (hanging down my back) and snake skin boots. I'm sure they see things like this everyday.

After the third car the rush hour was over. With the hat hanging down my back I approached the horse and talked reassuringly to him. The donkey started to approach but the horse nixed that. He came over to me and showed me just how much he liked me. . . By getting a hard on! Not the shot we had in mind and kinda disturbing. Angie tried to take pics leaving that end out of the shots. The horse wanted to show me how serious his intentions were so he began flexing his stiffy against his belly. It made a loud slapping noise that made me want to robe up and call it a day. I have had many admirers but I draw the line at animals.

I talked to the donkey after that and it seemed to bring the horse back to reality. We got a few more shots with both and only had to dodge one more car. All in all an interesting experience that I would do again. Too bad Playboy didn't walk into my Starbucks last year. That would have been worth losing my job for!

There will be at least one more shoot or two. A group one with four to six women and one with myself and another gal from CSz. I don't mention her name since I don't know if she wants her part of this project made public. I will enjoy the shoot with her though.

"It's a penis not Godzilla!" Carrie Bradshaw

1 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

Nice!! You made me laugh out loud when I read this! The best part is that is soooo true! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home