Monday, March 21, 2005

Life is sweet!

I love having my own place again! In living in someone else's home with their rules I lost some of my independence. The rules were not hard or complicated but they were not mine. It is totally Marta's World now and it feels so right and good!

The move went like a move should with few exceptions. I'll get to those in a sec. I want to say to those who helped me move I will love you forever! Deeg, Scott, Chris and Josh have helped me multiple times. I'm glad I got to show them a positive happy move for a change. Look! No tears guys!

Newbies to a Marta move were Adam and Jesse. Adam was going to borrow his brother's pick up and his brother came with the deal. (I don't think he trusted Adam with his truck.) When it was pouring rain I kept the UHaul reservation I had but upped it to a 14 foot truck I drove. Adam called when I was in line for the truck to see what he could do to help. He traded in his brother and his pick up for his mom's minivan. I put him in charge of things not to go in the big truck. (that I drove)

Jesse is a long time friend of the Kalama Merwin's and Chris' best friend. He and Chris had moved the day before into their new digs but there they were to help. Thanks Jesse! You kicked moving butt and totally earned those donuts!

Scott and Deeg are always at the ready for me. You guys are the best. Thanks for always being there for me and changed your plans for me. I'm lucky to have such good people on my side. I owe you big time.

Now for the good news bad news part of the move. Renee made homemade lasagna, garlic bread and salad for the movers feast we were all looking forward to. We got everything loaded moved and unloaded in two hours and were ready to pop the food in the oven. We opened the oven to a not pretty sight. The inside is pretty worn out but worse is no oven racks! Deeg even asked the next door neighbor to borrow a rack but it was not the same size. Good thing there is a close Costco for pizza!

Since getting in the new place I have gotten a few things unpacked but DB and his son came up to help. They missed the big flurry of the move. DB has made most of the meals and kept the boys happy while I took care of some things. Thanks You. :)

The reason they missed the fun on moving day is Cohen took and passed his permit test Saturday. He can now start driving. Gulp. Wil will be soon doing the same. . . .

All in all I gotta say it was one of the better moves I have had in a long time. The best of my single life hands down! I will probably have a party at the end of April when my training is done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home