Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Marta's independence extravaganza Holiday

There are many good reasons why I'm excited about moving but it really hit home yesterday a special one. How simply I have been living the last six months and how that is all about to change. I don't mean I'm going to suddenly go "keeping up with the Jones'" on you. Let me explain.


Yesterday I took 8 boxes in assorted sizes upstairs to really tackle packing. I used three. One big box for the big pillows the boys use to lay on and two much smaller ones for knick knacks and my night stand stuff. When I get to My apartment and unpack it will be like Christmas and a reunion of beloved friends rolled in one great event. Just this thought makes my new independence even more special to me.

I don't own a lot but what I do have means something to me. I picked it out or someone gave it to or made it for me. I have some of my childhood collections or things of my children's. These things remind me of good happy times. I will so enjoy seeing my things again and choosing where they will go.

The boys are really excited to have their own space at my place. They are making choices of which posters will come off the wall of their bedrooms to move over to the new room. I'm glad to have their support and enthusiasm.

I don't like the act of moving and to be honest most of the moves in the last four years have been spontaneous and painful. I cant wait for this move! It is a happy celebration of taking control of my life and choices. Life is looking good! *world famous cheesy grin*

I have 3 people, a possible pick up and my son for moving day help so far. I totally understand it is "Spring Break" and people have plans. Not trying to guilt anyone just let me know if you are planning to help but haven't contacted me. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home