Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I survived!

My goal this morning after the announcement came was simply to survive. If "traffic" allowed we were going solo. *gulp* I had to go solo on the phones today. I wasn't mentally prepared but didn't fuss and rolled with it. For the most part it went well and I only stared at the screen in total blankness a couple of times. I'm super at the small talk while I'm trying to get a handle of what I'm doing. People seemed to like me and I stopped a customer from switching to the competition! I'm drained by the end of the day and scattered. A bit stressed (sorry D.B.!) I'm hanging in there but not sure that this job and me are a good fit. For now it's trying to pay the bills so I will keep on keeping on.

Good news (bad news) for me! We get to start at a "normal" time starting next week! 9am instead of 6am! Bad news is I have to work Saturdays now. 2 or three weeks of that then a shift bid for one to two weeks followed by a shift bid that lasts. . . .4 months. BTW subject to change by the time it comes out of the trainers mouth. :)

That's it for me! Gotta nap so I can go to workshop tonight!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

May the shift change Gods be with you!

D

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

Curt,
Thanks for putting it in perspective for me. I like your analogy and will visualize that from now on. As you already know we are both Leo's. :)


Thanks for the positive flow D. I will let you know so we can knit with wire!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home