Sunday, April 17, 2005

Much to say about everything but. . .

I so enjoyed Elvis Costello in concert! He was amazing! It was a long wait from the time I purchased the tickets to the concert date. I have wanted to see him since I was 17 but it never worked out! I had such a crush on him *sigh*

It was great to see him in a smaller venue like The Roseland verse The Rose Garden. We (D.B. And I) were also lucky enough to find a pocket of space in the very back where we could always see him! I spent most of the concert leaning back on D.B. Who was leaning on the rail. Who needs a chair? Not when I can snuggle with my D.B.!

I cant believe how long he performed. The highlights were he sang some of my favorite songs including two from Almost Blue. The other was a song he did without the mic. His voice is as awesome as ever! I will gladly go again to see him - Well worth the price!

As I said in an earlier post I am getting a bit used to my schedule but I totally destroy it on the weekend! Friday night I only made it to 10:30 but last night I had my buddy Jamie from work over and stayed up til 12:30! I slept in til a bit after 9 but am really tired today. I'm sure I will gladly crawl into bed at the appointed hour. :)

I'm really proud of myself for all I have accomplished the last couple months. I have worked hard taking care of things. I'm grateful to have a job. It's not my dream job by any stretch of the imagination but I'm giving 110 percent! It has been tough several times but I have hung in there and (mostly ) kept my head. I'm glad I'm so stubborn and can rely on Me!

Today I finally get to knit again! I'm going to Queer Knitting to see the gals and get back on track with my sweater. I just couldn't do it before. So much had to get done and no time for the simple pleasure of knitting. *gasp* I really didn't have my wits about me for it anyway. By the time I got home and took care of clean up, make dinner and the lunch for the next day, wash/steam clothes, take care of any biz stuff I was too tired to do anything but veg in front of the TV. I was pretty stressed.

I'm going to let the boys have use of the computer for the rest of the day. Hope to post again soon but only time will tell. Enjoy the simple things!

2 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

It was a blast can't wait to see the finshed sweater!

D

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

Thanks D! It was great to see you! (and all the gals) I have a great post about QK that is fading from my head but no time to type!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home