Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter to all - whatever it means to you.

I don't want to step on any toes with this post. I don't normally worry about being P.C. in my world but it seems people are hyper sensitive about most things anymore. If you are religious and it rawks your world - Great for you! If your kids love hunting plastic eggs full of candy, money and other assorted prizes - Cool! (who wouldn't?) Enjoy your choices and please don't put others down for theirs. Be happy.

As for Marta's World I have been happy busy. I moved a week ago and had my boys for a chunk of their spring break. They took turns having friends over to spend the night. That is something that has not happened much lately. Not anyplace for that many bodies in my old room. We have all missed that. Wil's school is next door so he has friends that stop by now when he is with me. I'm glad he can do that. He has some great friends that live in this area but his dad wont drive him back here much to hang out with them.

I do have a lot of boxes un packed and things generally where I want them but not all done. No worries though as long as it's livable I'm good. Still need some things to help out on the put away like furniture for the boys! I found a loft bed I pick up today so Nick can hang around above Wil's head like a vulture waiting for his turn on the computer. No chance that will start any battles between the brothers.

I start training tomorrow morning so I can pay for this new freedom and independence. It's well worth it. I need to start my focus on the long term goals of going to school and a career. I'm going to allow myself a brief adjustment time and to breathe. First I'll finish settling in and getting used to my new schedule for the month.

I want to be a good little monkey and be a shining star in this class. I was told by two different HR people what to do to get the hours I want and be in line for bonuses and promotions. That's what I gotta do so that come fall I will get what I need while I go to school. This job saved my ass and I'm grateful but it is only the means to the end for me. I'm on my way and going to work hard for the life I want. I'm not going to blow this!

2 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

A whole truck load of stars.

D

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Diva! said...

You said it D!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home