Monday, October 24, 2005

Me

After being sick for a week and my period starting (yuck) on Saturday I think I'm on the upswing. There is still lots of tasks to tackle but I feel I did a fair start the last couple days.

Yesterday I started the transformation of our little place trying to make it more cozy and finish moving in! We still have a few (?) boxes shoved in closets. After the
CSz Farm Team show four wonderful folks came over and helped move the TV from hell and the very heavy entertainment center it sits on. It took us less than five minutes to move but it sooo helped! Thanks to Brooke, Les, Chris and Karin we were able to finish moving our main living area. It's better than it was but not quite what I had in mind. It's a hard space to deal with.

I'm glad I went to help out at the farm team show last night! Herb was the Ref but also the door staff. We had an audience of 60 folks! Only four of those were comps. The F.T. usually has between 12-20 but lately the numbers have grown as we have a great bunch of players. There are folks that come to watch that don't know anyone in the show! They just want to see a
CSz show.

There is a Pro-Am on 10/30 but I am not in it again. I just cant make workshops sometimes with all that's going on in the boys and my world. I was hoping to play one day soon! I was disappointed when lines came out for this last show but I shouldn't expect to play if I'm not around. I don't remember the last time I was in a show. I don't see playing Eugene since I am a FULLTIME 27/7/365 mom. It's a lot of planning, expense and imposing on my adorable
D.B. It's a lot to ask of Wil, Nick and D.B.

I was able to continue the job search and work on some cover letters today. Nothing much out there but you gotta work to find work. I will continue until I find something that works.

Yes, I'm overwhelmed and a bit down by the big picture but I just gotta keep going. Sitting doing nothing never solved anything. It just gets hard when the world acts like sandpaper against me as I try to move through life. I have to see the simple things as precious and treasure them.

Tonight RAW is on and I will indulge in some knitty time. I sure hope there is some chocolate left!

Oh simple thing,
where have you gone,
I'm getting old and need something to rely on.
Keane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home