Friday, September 30, 2005

WHAT!!!! my son? . . . .Are you sure?

Well, it has been quite a week. Last week was different but. . . wow. Sunday night at seven I was waiting for Nick to get back from DOS so I could make dinner. He was already late when the phone rang. Caller ID confirmed he lost track of time or so I thought. I expected a "Hey, didn't know it was so late. Can you pick me up?" Well, he needed a ride alright but it was not Nick's voice. It was Earl from DOS telling me Nick SOOO broke his wrist. The rest of this is a big old story I will have to get back to.

Wednesday I got a call from my parents needing to telling me that according to someone in the school office Wil had not attended a single day at Lincoln and was not in the building right now. He was about to be expelled and so was Nick. This was about 11:30 in the morning. I repeated information as if I must of heard it wrong! It just didn't seem like Wil. They had our information wrong in the computer as it was so I never received a single call! They have both missed some school being sick, late a few times and Nick with his wrist but come on!

I was in a hard place. I have had to miss work , come in late or leave early a few (too many) times since school started. My bosses are out of town at a trade show and I feel I'm on rocky ground as it is with a few doozy mistakes I have made of late. I didn't even know where to look or who to call. I was not mad at Wil but very concerned and miffed. After calling the school to confirm I asked that the expell get held off until I knew what was going on. I had just heard about all of this, come on! After making some calls and filling my co-workers in so they could take over my work I headed for home not sure what I would find.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home