Sunday, October 30, 2005

You da man!

This post is all about my wonderful giving friend Ken. He is a very awesome person. He does what most of us think we should and don't, volunteer work. He was the Humane Society "Volunteer of the Year" two years running! Even after getting bitten in the face by a freaked out dog he continued to give most of his free time on a daily basis. By the way he does this on top of a more than full time job and practically being The door staff at Comedy Sportz every weekend. He also is the camera person for his church.

The reasons I'm telling you all about Ken are these. I'm very proud of the work he has been doing but right now he is in New Orleans having been deployed by the Red Cross for three weeks. The other reason is he is a great guy and I know he is lonely. He deserves a woman in his life to give him some joy. I wish I had a picture of him to post here. I'll dig!

I would like to put it out there that he is a straight guy that treats all people with courtesy and respect.
He has a delightful sense of humor and quick wit. Ken is a great sounding board and problem solver. In working with him in our long form group I really got to know a lot more about Ken. He has had an interesting life so far and I don't see that changing. With all he has done he isn't one to brag or get full of himself. He is even keeled and well balanced.

He doesn't always take the best care of himself but if you were in his life you would be happy and secure but never bored. He has a nice voice and can easily change it to "Radio Guy" or a bit deeper. Imagine that whispering in your ear, ladies.
I think given his big heart and fantastic nature would be a great guy to date.

If you want to know more about Ken if you are in the Portland/ Vancouver area drop me an e-mail. Oh, yes he is easy on the eyes too.

3 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

Hear the kitty roar! Now we just need to find the perfect babe for our boy.

Come on ladies!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

I'm not putting myself in contention by any means, but want to say how cool it is that he's in the gulf for three weeks. I'm supposed to leave on November 12 (or 14) if everything works out correctly. I can only go for two weeks though, because my company is giving me the time off without pay and I can't afford another week.

I'd love to email Ken and just ask him a few questions about conditions there now, etc. I'm going as kind of a leap of faith and it would be cool to "talk" to someone with experience. Jer

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

I will give you his e-mail but I'm not sure if he has computer access right now. If you have the ability to text on your cell phone that might be a good way to reach him. I have not heard back from Ken since Friday night. I'm not sure if they are moving him or . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home