Saturday, February 04, 2006

"Down in a Hole."

The summer when I was first on my own I heard Alice in Chains. The album was Nothing Safe. I had found it at the library and checked it out not knowing anything about the group. I really liked it a lot! I renewed it a couple of times until there was a hold on it. I ended up buying it with a gift certificate I got for my birthday later that summer. As things got more and more difficult with my (then) husband and family I felt I was in a battle, for me and my independence. Sometimes I felt that they were coming at me from all sides at once. At times I felt I needed to go into my foxhole, bind my wounds and rest up for the next battle. There was a song that I felt was mine on that album, "Down in a Hole." I was in the process of finding out who I really was and who I wanted to be. I had people that wouldn't let me be myself or leave me alone.

Today as I dropped Nick off for his community service I felt bad but cant fix things for him. It seemed ironic with all that is going on especially this week (so much frustration from many different places) that as I drove away the song that came on was mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home