Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Buffy Buffy Buffy!

I have been lucky enough to borrow the Buffy seasons on DVD from the library. I have watched season 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7. D.B. and the boys have watched with me along the way. Wil started to watch Buffy when he was in fifth and sixth grade. His friend Danny told him about hot chicks so naturally he watched. The show did become more than that but the was the start. When I started watching Wil thought that was cool. For my birthday he bought me Buffy season three with his own money. To date it is the only season I own.

Here are some things that I liked about each season.
Season 1~ Angel, The Master's sense of humor
Season 2~ The Mayor is so twisted he is awesome.
Season 3~ the relationship of Oz and Willow, Cordellia's character growth
Season 4~ Willow blossoms in college
Season 5~
Glory is an interesting twist and . . . well, hot.
Season 6~Once More, with Feeling - The musical!
Season 7~ Empowerment in the message you cant always do it alone but with a little help from your support. . .

Now it's easy to get lost in the super natural ass-kicking story but there is so much more to this show. What is really interesting to me is layers to this show. It is the relationships, the feminine power message, the morality messages, personal struggle within the bigger picture and it's all rolled up together. While this is a drama it has a wonderful sense of humor rolled into it. The characters remain fast friends throughout the series. They go through the growing pains of teenagers into college and the real world all the time fighting the demons that travel to the hell mouth conveniently located at the high school.

I think the big message to all of us is just because you are going into battle you don't have to wear sweats and trainers. These boots are made for walking . . . ! Don't forget to accessorize!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home