Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Good, the Bad and the still hands

I'm excited and horrified to say that I have pretty much knit through my stash of yarn and unfinished projects. I have very little yarn left and digging to come up with ideas on how to use it. I currently have no money to support my habit but need a fix! I have resorted to mass checkouts of library books on knitting in hopes of new ideas. There are a lot of books on the subject of knitting. Some are very interesting and trendy while others are just so . . . Grandma. I have requested a few books after seeing them at Lint. They have other holds on them but soon . . . There is a book I'm looking forward to called One Skein. A local woman came up with great projects you can make using up The Stash! One project in particular I'm interested in is the felted bowls. I love felting and the bowls would be fun and oh so useful to make.

After looking through several books from the library and the few I own I came up with two ideas! I'm going to un-do a scarf I made in December and re-make that yarn into another scarf from the Stitch 'n Bitch Nation. I'm also going to make the Bee Hive hat from above mentioned book. Neither is challenging but 1) it's knitty and b) it is knitty.

I am feeling better but still not well. Just getting up after sleeping in and puttering in the kitchen long enough to unload and re-load dishwasher, then showering I'm tired! I'm hoping to stroll over to Lint and sit and knit for a bit before naptime. A few of the gals meet there on Saturday. I hate the double whammy of sick and period!

2 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger Joseph Perry said...

I hope you're feeling better! The new projects sound fun . . . have a knitty day!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Diva! said...

I'm trying! The swatch is not coming out the way I want with the hat so . . . not sure if I will make it. My yarn is not heavy enough to use on the bigger needles so it doesn't have the desired effect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home