Thursday, March 09, 2006

*Slaps forehead*

There is a the cold going around the call center and on Sunday I started feeling it. I laid low and missed QK and a show that some friends were in across the street. One friend was doing his farewell show on his way to Chicago. I was sad to miss it but need to be sensible and not get sick! Monday I took it easy after work and went to bed early thinking I had got this under control. Tuesday I felt it a bit more but forged on. Before lunchtime I was not feeling well. I thought if I made it to lunch I would "rest" and feel better and finish out my day. I couldn't make it through the day and had to ask to go home at 1:30.

I had to miss work Tuesday with a double whammy, bad cold and my period started, yuck. Not sure which symptoms belonged to which ailment but I had a "swimmy" head with a temperature just under 100. I slept a lot and did different things I have learned to do over the years to keep from getting sicker. I knew last night I was not at 100% but had to go earn money.

When I woke up I was amazed to hear on the news that it was snowing! I figured that even though it wasn't snowing where I was the place in Tigard I had to go it would be. I kicked it in gear to give extra time to get to work. I was about two minutes from leaving when I got the call saying they closed the office for the day. It is really bad over that way. The morning news shows trucks are stuck and accidents abound very close to where I would have been going. I could use another day of rest but cant afford to miss! I only have 14 hours worked so far. So, is it the cosmos trying to take care of me and force me to rest and heal? Who knows.

Nick's school is block schedule today but with the two hour late opening we aren't sure when he is supposed to be there. I told him I would drive him since I have several things ready to pick up at the library and we need some basics and the store. I will be sooo ready for a nap by the time I get back. I didn't go back to bed at 6:30 because I though Nick would be up at 7ish. It wasn't until a bit after 7 that I remembered "block day". Good news is I got bills figured out ready to pay and I posted here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home