Thursday, April 06, 2006

Hum, really?

Last week has really given me reason for pause. I try to listen with an open mind to peoples thoughts and advice. I also try to rely on my instinct/ gut feel on things. One problem I have put my finger on is the fact that I have run out of coping skills. I don't feel I am doing a good job. It's one thing to identify an issue but it is another altogether to change it. Working on it.

One big goal I have is to find what I would be good at, would enjoy doing and can make a living at. After a free class I took today I have some ideas. The class was identify current job skills and see new jobs to apply these skills to. There is something that has floated through my head more than once but I didn't grab onto the idea until now. I will be looking into the career of florist. I have a creative background in many different textures so it makes sense. The Floral Institute is here in NW Portland. It's one of three campuses. The others are Seattle and Los Angeles. The cost of tuition would be a hurdle but I want to get information from many different areas to make an informed decision.

If anyone knows a florist that would be open to an information interview with me please let me know. Any information gathering ideas you have are also welcome. I wish PCC had classes because I would qualify for a three month grant. Still excited!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home