Monday, April 03, 2006

Alrighty then

It has been a bumpy ride of late, or should I say typical, in my world. For one I changed jobs from yuck to nothing. I decided I would rather spend the evening in the emergency room Friday then having a pasta dinner while watching the final wrestling matches before Wrestlemania on Sunday. I thought it would be great for my aging body to have my period come early so I could feel traumatized and out of sorts for the weekend. So how was your weekend?

I asked (on Monday) to have Wednesday afternoons off for six weeks starting in April because there is something I need to do. Their reply was to tell me in the evening on Thursday that Friday was my last day. Nice. They didn't have enough work for everyone so I got sent home at 11:41. That was probably a good idea cause I was not feeling appreciated on Employee Appreciation Day anyway. Since I was downtown I took care of a few things then came home and ate the lunch I had packed then took a nap. I felt better after that and set forth and to do errands in my hood. I was close to the end of my adventure when my phone rang.

I was in Trader Joes grabbing a few things and feeling generally pleased with myself despite the strange day I had so far. Wil called me to say DOS had just called to say Nick had broke his wrist and needed to go to the hospital. The emotions that went through me would have killed an empath. I put my basket down and exited the store. I had to walk home to get my car. It was just around six so I was hoping traffic wasn't too bad. I called Wil and had him grab a few things for me. Not a happy mommy right then.

Turns out that he didn't break his wrist again but his forearm. He completely severed one bone so it was askew and bent the other one. Think of a sapling tree if you try to snap a branch in two it just bends and fractures a bit. That is what he did to the second bone. It made it very difficult for the doc to re-set it. After a lot of manipulation and casting it he sent us back to x-ray. Good news is it was close, the bad news is it wasn't close enough. That's when they moved us from an exam room to an emergency room. I knew that wasn't a good sign. That change happened a bit after nine. For the squeamish I cut out the gory details but it was a re-set similar to last time. They finally got things done and between the massive amounts of drugs and trauma Nick was a blubbering mass of exhausted teen boy. They wouldn't let him go home til some of the drug haze had worn off. I think that was so I as a parent could really suffer the wrath of injured teen. We arrived home sometime around 12:30ish. I had called ahead and asked Wil and D.B. to make up the futon for our patient. For those who dont know Nick has a loft bed so ladder use was out of the question.

There were good spots and not for the rest of the weekend. Wil decided he would rather go to a friends house than deal with his brother. That actually made it a bit easier for us. We were able to have a some what kicked back time with nowhere to be. We watched some things on T.V. and a movie. As usual I fell asleep trying to watch TNA wrestling Saturday night. I don't think I even got to through the first match before I was out. (D.B.?)

We got the place cleaned up and ready for company Sunday. We were having people over for Wrestlemania! Folks were bringing pizza and beer while I was having soda and desert. A good time was had by all. Fun group and good matches made the afternoon fly by. I gave up Queer Knitting for Wrestlemania so I knit a bit while watching. I was glad but surprised they let Rey win! As for the pillow fight not one was used but Tory did make use of the bed.

So you are now (not really) caught up with my world. I got things to do so I will bid you happy Monday.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Joseph Perry said...

Wild, wacky, nutty . . . and there was even some fun in there, wouldn't you agree?

Take a deep breath and rest up . . . another weekend in Marta's World is just around the corner!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

Um, yeah. I just couldn't remember if I even made it through the first TNA match before passing out.

I did have fun walking in my hood and just hanging.

I finally got chocolate, wrestling, knitting and my D.B. to calm and support me.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Joseph Perry said...

Nope! Your head hit the pillow before the ref hit his hand to the mat for the first pinfall attempt of the night. You missed a good TNA show! :-)

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

Okay then!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home