Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Another day in my world

Ever had one of those days that isn't bad just odd? My day started out later than usual which was nice for a change. The reason that it was starting late was not okay. I was, am or still will be taken to court. My ex-husband is putting the blame on me that our kids don't want to see him. He claims he has no idea why and is sure I'm stopping them. He seems to forget that he had some part in them not talking to him. Anyway, this is the second day in the last two weeks I have had to take off work to make an appearance in court for this. The boys had to get a lawyer of their own to try to get me out of the middle. He wants me punished if they don't see him on his visitation days. She told me I didn't have to drive out to the judge but that she would and I could "phone it in". Ex had "called it off" over the weekend after letting the mediator session soak in. The problem is he didn't let the court know of his decision and he didn't stay by his appointed phone. He set up this court action and instead of following through he went off on a field trip! Who is the irresponsible one? Not sure what is next but I do know this is not over.

After getting to work (pre-arranged) late I worked to my usual end. We needed many food things including Boboli so I headed to WinCo for some quick shopping. As I was walking from my car to the store an older woman in a compact car with a huge handicap parking permit hanging off her rear view mirror sped around the corner and nearly ran me over! She was looking at the person/car she cutoff and raced in front of as she was plowing into me! I kept my balance and stayed on my feet as I was pushed ten or so feet! I didn't come out of nowhere but she sure did! She didn't stick around to see how I was and after shouting at this person the witnesses disappeared too. I was truly shocked as nothing like this has happened to me on foot. Sure, on my bike I have flown over car hoods many times but I was in the mind set of Butch Biker Babe and ready for anything. As it was happening I was thinking "Wow, I'm being hit by a car" It was not as scary as weird. P.Ken chastised me for not calling the police and an ambulance. Geez, I was shocked! My knee, wrist, neck and back are stiffening up. It's gonna be a few days of remembering this little happening.

I've said it before but I will say it again. I am not a drama queen but odd/bad things just seem to happen all around me. Stephanie Plum is a fictional character from a series of books written by Janet Evanovich. Stephanie and I seem to share that affliction. The first (of 11) is called One for the Money. Check them out and tell me what you think.

The good news is that episode 11 is up on our site and iTunes so go listen! It is all about Me.

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Joseph Perry said...

You are right . . . you "can't make this $#%& up"! I am glad that you can smile after things like this and are upbeat enough to plug your podcast at the end of the post! :-)

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

Weird stuff happens

 

Post a Comment

<< Home