Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm Still Here!

My doc was right when she said I was in for a tough month. DVT, my first period in five months, a six day migraine headache along with the stress of it all I'm tired. I have to get my blood checked every couple of days to regulate the blood thinner. I'm working full time (duh) through all of this so on my off time I take care of me. Wil has been great helping me more than usual.

I have only missed one day of work from the DVT only because I was in the ER until 10:30pm. I had an adrenaline headache that wore me out. I slept most of Saturday and struggled through my shift Sunday. The migraines that I get are hormone triggered. I have had five in the last three years. The YAZ helped regulate the hormones so I didn't get the migraines. Now that I cant take birth control I will get the migraines. I have been prescribed a migraine medicine and an anti nausea to help get me through. Mine aren't super bad but the nausea gets me. Light isn't as hard for me but lots of chaotic noise I cant handle. That describes my work environment in the summer. We have several Pharmacy Interns getting training from Pharm Tech's and Pharmacists. We go from 13 people to 30 in the small Pharmacy. I had to go home two hours into my shift because of the nausea and noise.

The last unexpected twist is the results from the blood test my doc did. I am predisposed to blood clots 50-100 times more than the averege person. I have been referred to a Hematologist to continue my treatment. It will most likely be a life long treatment.

I have more adjusting to do but I will get it figured out. After all I am Still Standing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home