Thursday, August 21, 2008

In the Closet?

Things are going well in My World. I started a “seven on” shift at work. I’ll get one day off and do “five on” then another day off and one puts us to the end of the month (I think?!?) or more. At the end of this month I will have completed my three month training. I don’t seem any closer to getting a permanent position but I’m not sure I want one where I’m at. There are some strange vibes, major gossiping and back stabbing. It almost reminds me of high school and makes derby look like a tea party. There are too many people that knew each other outside of work be it 4-H, having another relative or best friend working there. It really makes it a strange dynamic. I’m one of the few outsiders there and one of the last “on-call” folks (Still Standing) that are still there. One of the weirdest parts of this position for me personally is being “in the closet”. It is sooo not Me to not be me! There is a story behind this statement I will get to.


Pharmacy of all the medical areas seems to be the most conservative. (HELP!!!!!) Anyone who remotely knows me knows that does not describe me. To be PC is hard for me. Geez, I'm an open book not hiding in a dark closet! I know understand what Gay's having been going through for years. (Sorry Ava!) It feels like Big Brother is on your tail!


I was working about 2 weeks ago as a delivery Tech. (days) A co-worker was off for vacation. He has worked there for awhile. Someone else was "him" for the week. They cleaned the inventory area in his lazy absence. In doing so the "found him out." He had several pictures of semi-naked male stars taped in an untraveled corner wall. Most folks freaked out when it was discovered! One gal that I I thought would be a friend announced to the pharmacy loudly (while picking drugs near the end of her shift) "I don't care if you are Gay I just don't want to know about it - it's wrong and disturbing!" Gee, I feel comfy now.


I still don't know what to do with this!?! Honestly I have always worked in a much different open environment so I am clueless! Would telling my story make things worse for me but better for all after me? Geez!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home