Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Getting My Stride Back

Today was a day of familiarity. It was a day like I used to have before painful feet and DVT. It felt so right and I smiled often. The hood was hopping, the sun was shining and I was out in it. I didn't do anything extraordinary but it was wonderful to "Be".

I walked to the library to return several books. The books I put on hold were not there yet but a book cover caught my eye. "Rhett Butler's People" The authorized novel based on Margaret Mitchell's "Gone with the Wind" I love the movie based on Margaret Mitchell's novel. I'm hoping the novel of Rhett Butler is in keeping with the original story and characters. Oh, and it's 500 pages. This should keep me busy for a bit. I am a fast reader but I only have a 45 minute lunch!

It's weird not to worry about back to school stuff. No last minute trips to the store or washing new clothes. My heart squeezes a bit thinking about Nick. He is doing okay but still wont talk to me. He will talk and see my parents so that is the most I get. I hope he does well this year. I really miss him terribly.

I start days this week only to return the next week to evenings. Then back to days . . . That is how my month of September will go work wise. Hopefully with the flip flop of schedule it will not be as hard as a couple weeks on one then the other. Only time will tell.

Now that I have all the furniture back where it goes after shampooing the carpets I have my laptop at the dining table. I love to look out the window at the view while I work. It makes me feel more connected to my hood. My desk in my bedroom affords a great view too but we still need to get the internet cable run in there.

It has taken over a month but I am feeling back to normal. I am getting my stride back. My old pep is coming around. The worry and the critical to my condition is lessened. I was startled (okay freaked) by the DVT and possible death. Geez, you would be too! Now that I have done everything needed to keep me around I am still standing. Cool.

Post note: The book is wonderful! I am really enjoying it.

My mom took Nick school clothes shopping Sunday. He wanted to go to used clothes places so he could get comfy stuff. She said he was nice but gaurded. Not speaking to me anytime soon. I'm glad he is in school and has a job. Here's hoping he grows up some.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home