Saturday, November 29, 2008

Longest Time no Write

I'm sure I will be shocked to see when I last posted. It has either been a really long time or it just feels like it. I have been beyond busy! Last Monday I had finished painting and cleaned up. I worked day on Tuesday and had to work late by an hour. Deeg was already at my place waiting for me. We watch "Dexter" on Showtime on Tuesdays and expect Wil to cook for us. Anyway, he noticed it seemed cozier but did not know why. Also the art was off the walls which slightly puzzled him. What he did not observe was the change of paint color. The color is a neutral but really makes the room feel cozy. The color is called "Dainty". It is a warm wheat color with just enough yellow it in to warm but not overwhelm. The other thing my new paint color does is make the furniture and paintings "pop." Not an actual noise but since it is a neutral it enhances rather than competes. I'm really enjoying the cozy.

After I got the main room done and put back (except the art) I cleared out the hallway that leads to the bedrooms. All the stuff that was on the bookcases (that I sold) is now in boxes. That was to be my next adventure in painting. I also told the t"Betcha's I would help in painting their new house insides. The floor guys were supposed to refinish the floors first then we would paint late next week. I figured I had enough time to finish my hall and possibly the Kitchen. The kitchen was going to stay white but now it makes more sense to go the 2 colors.

The floor guys were not able to start until next week after Thanksgiving instead of before. The t's want to get moved to their new digs so we started painting today. Yesterday was the paint choosing and gathering of tools. Unfortunately for me when I got that memo about the floors I had already started my hall. I had taped and cut in with paint. I will finish my hall tomorrow before work. I want to have it back to normal for Wil.


I work Sunday night and Monday morning. I will try to sleep in tomorrow and not push myself. I only have Tuesday off this week since I picked up an extra shift on Wednesday. I start days this week and get Sunday off. Working days will work better for the t's and their painting. There is a lot more to do painting wise. Any folks good with a paint brush and knows the t's give 'em a call and lend a hand. Her mom is coming in today to help with the baby and such. They also are stripping the varnished woodwork so they can paint.

I have a new project now that Cow Butt is done. I'll share later. I will post pics but have not been home except to sleep, get up, wash up and leave.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home