Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday

I'm happy to say I did sleep in today. I think it was around 9:30 when I peeked at the clock but after 10am when I finally rolled out of bed. I was still pretty tired but got up. I was going to start out slow but got busy right away. I was thinking ahead to tomorrow morning. I am getting home late tonight and head out again tomorrow morning so I planned out food stuffs for today and tomorrow. After making coffee I unloaded the dishwasher and refilled it. I made some toast and sat down with my coffee. I enjoy using the coffee brew time as spiff up the kitchen time so I can sit with my first cup. It was nice not to have to race out the door but have time to ready for my day.

I really enjoy the satisfying feeling of painting. Not only are you changing a room. It is also a very calming task that has a more physical focus instead of brain. It is probably one of the only times I am very Type A. I take pride in doing a great job in the taping, cutting in and rolling. I have had a lot of experience. My mom and two of her friends had a business in the 70's called "Mod Mothers". They designed and did the labor of redecorating. Summers and school holidays when I was older were spent helping on the professional gigs. The two friends eventually faded away from the biz but my mom kept at it. I actually started college courses in design when I was 18. I soon realized to be a designer you would have to open your own house and work harder at the business end then the decorating. Not what I was interested in.

The hall will need two coats but I could only do one before work. Since it is humid and warmer today the paint was slow to dry. I did cut in the second time on the ceiling line and then left it alone. I plan to do finish and clean up after work tomorrow. Actually that will happen after Wil and I hit the store quick. We have not done our payday shopping yet. Wil was at Kelly's and I have not been home except to sleep, get up, clean up and leave. We wont do the big shopping but get us covered for dinner and stuff. Most likely we will shop Tuesday before Dexter with Deeg.

Photos are still on my camera. I hope to get them up on Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home