Thursday, August 06, 2009

August 6th a day in history

Well, a Diva was born on this day in 1962. Some other awesomely creative and important folks share this Birthday with Me. Andy Warhol, Odie (Garfield's dog) Lucille Ball, 1881 - Alexander Fleming Scottish scientist, Nobel laureate (d. 1955) who discovered penicillinand in

1972 - Geri Halliwell, British singer a.k.a. Ginger Spice of the pop band Spice Girls.

History on August 6th

  • 1806: Holy Roman empire officially ends
  • 1915: During World War I, Warsaw falls into German hands
  • 1945: Atomic bomb dropped Hiroshima
  • 1962: Jamaica gains independent from Britain
1965 The Voting Rights Act becomes law in the USA, making illegal the southern states' practice of disenfranchising black voters by imposing taxation, literacy, or other requirements on potential voters
1996 The royal family opens Buckingham Palace, London, England, to the general public. Visitors pay £8 a head.

And finally some words by the Man himself:

The Man himself

Finally, about Leo the zodiac sign. Seems to fit me.

Last night one of the Pharmacist brought a chocolate cake and a lemon tart to celebrate not only my birthday but another Pharmacist who has the same birthday. She brought it last night since I was not working tonight. A co-worker friend that cant come tonight since she is working suggested pizza to split. It was a good night at work.

Today is turning out better than I had planned. I had a general plan but as things have morphed I am pleased! After lunch at my parents we are coming back here and popping some sparkling wine before heading out into FT. Another friend from work (movie buddy) is coming here to sip before we go play. A few folks might meet up along the way. I know it was short notice so I'm not expecting many to show. It will be more birthday surprises.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home