Sunday, August 02, 2009

On the Dating front

Things have not progressed much with the online dating. I had it in my head that once you sign up you are dating. (Welcome to Marta's World) Not the case. Not much was happening even tho I had not closed all matches and even sent some "ice breakers". I am surprised that I got no response back from several. Why are you paying for this site? I took the "bull by the horns" and started communicating (not ice breakers tho I had already sent some) with any matches that looked okay and by looked I mean profile and photo. Out of 12 guys 5 have closed the match, 1 has responded to my first set of questions and then sent me a set. Yesterday a match asked to open communication with me. He has been "sitting" in my "matches" box for two or three days idle. I was not excited by him so I just let him sit. Hey, I didn't just close him! The interesting things about him is he is Japanese but 6'2'', he is interested in some of the same things as me but lives in a far out suburban area. I am enjoying my urban world and have no desire to go suburban anytime soon.

I recently spoke with a co-worker that used e-Harmony. She just got married last month. I asked her about her experience with the online dating. She told me some interesting facts about her time on e-Harmony. She said that she used e-Harmony on and off for two years. TWO YEARS! The other thing she told me is after her an now husband got serious they counted up how many matches they had. She had over 200 matches before she met her man. He had a year and about one hundred matches. Wow. Others out there is this typical? What was/is your experience?

In one of the profiles of a new match he says something I don't get. "A friend that taught me to use my brain and think for myself. and can be found at Jamesbondaka at the y place....do you get it?" WTF? I googled it and got a My Space page. I don't get it. Anyone get it?

Lastly, I have spent some free brain time thinking back over relationships. I have taken some time contacting a few to say things I never got the chance to say. I felt it was important for me. Maybe they will get something out of it too. I'm not trying to get back with them. I just want closure or clear up a misunderstanding. I've done my part.

Do you think it's tacky to use your wedding photo as your profile picture on a dating website? Imagine this a guy in a tux in front of a church door with a bride in a poofy white lace dress holding white roses (that match your boutonniere on your tux) mostly photo shopped out. Sincerely.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home