Monday, January 04, 2010

DIY is so cheery

Now that my second job is winding down (and by winding down I mean ending) I have days off again. I used one of those days to my advantage yesterday. I had some life errands to do but was excited to work on my screen. I started this project last summer! I got all the spray painting done in August but then life got too busy. My screen has been in my parents garage gathering dust. I hoped to finish it and bring it home yesterday but we did not have all the details worked out. We made great progress and it looks fabulous! It is going to look soooo good in my place.

We cut, hemmed and stapled the fabric on. I even shocked my Mom by saying I want to learn how to sew one day. Sure I can do some basic sewing stuff but I always have these great ideas that she doesn't always have time for. I'm really excited to add the the copper slightly sparkly narrow ribbon. It is going to edge the fabric to cover the staples. We had not really figured out how we were going attach the ribbon. We were going to use minimal glue dots but I was concerned it would show. I had several ideas I was mulling over but Mom came up with a great idea. She is looking into it today. Small velcro dots. Stay tuned.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home