Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Flying Monkey's could not distract me

It has been some time since I have had time to write! I have been busy working, looking for a job, getting Nick ready for school and generally catching up. I did miss the whole month of December being miserably sick. I still cant believe I truly missed the whole month! It has really been in the last week that I have felt back to myself. Sure, I wasn't coughing and sneezing but I was sure tired and sluggish. That was one bad-ass cold!

We have a yearly inspection in our building that comes before a federal inspection. It is used by management to come in and see if you live like pigs. :) Actually, they do make note of any repairs that would ding them in the federal inspection and come back in to make said repairs. They also have a check list of things you missed last time as well as a list of no--no's. As an example you cant block windows, have cords across doorways that could be a tripping hazard or too tight of a squeeze in hallways in case of emergency. This year they gave more than 1/2 days notice so some of us can get busy. :) I have not been the best house keeper since October when I took a second job. Wil seems to think I'm cleaning just for the inspection but really it soooo needs done. I'm using the inspection as a goal date. I have really got a lot organized, sorted, tossed, dusted and cleaned. Some of the organizing projects I have wanted to do for a long time but was too focused on two jobs and missing the month of December. I have more I want to do and some of the organizing is temporary since I came up with an even better idea after the fact but it will have to wait. I have some other things that need taken care of before I can re-do.

My next project is to get my tax stuff together for my wonderful tax man. He always takes such good care of me. I want to get things together so I get my refund back fast. I have my info from the employers as of today so I just need to go through all my papers savied throughout the yearand make an appointment. I have to pay my parents back for EM and pay off some over due bills. I will be happy to catch up and maybe even save some. I was hoping to have some money to get Wil a 21st birthday present. I will have to wait and see.

My 6 months is up at eHarmony. I will say I was disappointed at the whole process. I answered the questions for the profile as honestly as I could really thinking them through. I was matched to some guys that I saw no reason why they matched me with them! There were no connections, second dates and hardly any first dates. I got the sense from reading the write about yourself profiles that some of these guys just wanted to be married but not have to work at it. It was not a site I would recommend or use again. I really think I should have ignored all the (helpful) folks that insisted on eHarmony instead of Match.com. I wanted the chance to meet people (preferably men and women) and go on dates. I'm not looking for a soul mate or to be in love NOW! eHarm wont let you select to be matched with both sexes. Back to the old fashion way of meeting people. Run them over with your bike/car, blind dates or . . . . . I have no idea.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home