Sunday, April 11, 2010

Feeling Sad

I have been looking forward to the visit to Nick's school for months. It is a one time visit where they get to show you around their base, you meet with the teachers to hear how they are doing and finally take them off base for 6 hours. My dad and I were supposed to go but he and my mom freaked on account of her surgery that is tomorrow. She comes home from the hospital the day before the visit. She was going to go to a rehab facility but one of my aunties decided she would come to "help". She bought a non-refundable ticket and arrives at the time my mom will probably be checking out to go home. Since the auntie did that my mom feels like she has to go home instead of the rehab. My auntie has no idea what goes on the first week after a replacement. Now my dad wont go and I cant borrow their car to go myself. My ex kept bugging me and saying how important it is for me to go. Well, I tried to get him to put his money where is big mouth is. I asked him for a ride. My parents said they would pay for a hotel room. He said no. The thing is I am tired of feeling like the lame parent. I have (almost) enough money to get by but am not able to go off for a weekend or pop for new pair of shoes when the boys ask. This is more important than that but it feels just as lame that I cant. I will write to Nick tonight and tell him I cant come to see him - lame.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home