Friday, November 05, 2010

Reality Bites

I am tired of all the new reality shows invading the cable channels. I enjoy the ones that are lighter like Keeping up with the Kardashians (and the off shoot family shows) or the Girls Next Door and Kendra. I also enjoy Gene Simmons Family Jewels. They are entertaining and make me glad my family is not like that. My life will never be like theirs and I would not want it to be. It is strange and entertaining to see a day in the life of a celeb. Why does Bruce Jenner put up with all the hormones and drama? Those women are crazy!

Now they have all sorts of mean spirited tear-jerker type shows. Some of the constantly playing commercials drive my batty! WeTv is one of the worse with The Locator and Downsized. They seem like they are just to make you sad, cry and generally feel bad. Not my cup of reality. I suppose you can include all the reality "game"shows in there as well. RuPauls Drag U, American Idol, The Arrangement, and Design Star just to name a few. Is it we love to watch people reach for their dreams and succeed or fail?

Wil gets annoyed with me when I watch my reality stories and he is in ear shot but he has his own stories. He likes a few on A&E called Hoarders, Intervention and Billy the Exterminator. He only watches them on occasion but he likes the first two more. I have watched them with him a few times but they are not for me. I think it is hard for me to see people in such pain of addiction and don't see it for themselves.

I guess that there is a reality show for everybody which is fine. I have some questions about the reality of our tech lives. What is our obsession with reality and needing to let the world know where we are and what we are doing at all times? We Facebook, Twitter and uTube to let everybody know the latest greatest of our lives. Are we over sharing or just making our own reality show?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home