Monday, April 18, 2011

Wheels on fire rolling down the road

I have to admit that my mood and energy is so much better when I cycle as often as possible. I think clearly, calmly and am generally more productive. My moods are a lot lighter than when I was working under great stress. No crying at the drop of a hat. Some of that was the peri meno but I think the stress was more than even I knew. The unemployment does weigh on the positive I want to feel. The three days in a row rain was tedious to the eyes and the mood - and lack of exercise. I even drove to Oaks to skate on Thursday and it was closed! "Leverage" was filming in the roller rink. That really pissed me off. The closer I got to the rink the more excited I got to skate and then wham. I stood there stewing for several minutes then trudged back through the rain to my car. Not cool.

I went out yesterday and really biked like the hounds of hell were chasing me! The last few rides have been stronger and faster than I have biked ever. It is strange because in my 30's I biked the a same strong speed like clock work. I did ride longer rides then since I had the time but never rode faster. In the older, bigger out-of-shapeness I am in currently you would not think I would be riding faster than ever. Puzzling (yes) but not complaining. I adore muscle memory (heart it in fact) and the feeling of a good workout. I hope the Spring weather dries out so I can "hit the road" more often. I need to paint flames on my bike or get new ink. Tough to choose.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home