Wednesday, April 13, 2011

update Diva style

How about a quick update?

I have not heard from Martin for well over a week. At first I was giddy when I got new e-mails. It really made me smile. The thing is he wrote with a lot of "..." instead of finishing sentences and thoughts. The subject of the e-mails never got very personal so it was not getting to know each other. There was sweetness but not really any moving forward. I answered him last and have not heard back. I was getting frustrated anyway so . . .

Had a job interview yesterday. It was with a fancy spa-like retail/Pharmacy. I don't have any retail Pharmacy experience which includes 3rd party insurance billing and compounding. I was hoping that my lack of experience would be over looked because of my shining customer service skills and current licenses in Pharmacy. I think there were 8-12 of us interviewing for 2 openings. I should have already heard back from them if I was in the running. They said they wanted to move quickly and hire by today. Since it is 4:30 I am not so hopeful. Honestly the only reason I got into the career is I was supposed to always easily have a job. It is interesting but not very creative. Which brings me into my next subject.

Anyone that knows me knows I love to watch HGTV. I love the design shows but equally enjoy the real estate shows. A couple times in my life I wanted to (or did) work in design and (almost) real estate. I met with a realtor in my neighborhood this morning. I wrote to her last week stating I was interested in learning more about being a realtor. I got a lot of information and things to think about. When I got home on CL there was an ad from the Company she was talking about (not hers) that is a great "group style" selling atmosphere - good for newbies. The ad is about how the company will cover the up front costs of the classes and license fees. I called the number and made an appointment to get more information on Friday. Don't get all worried people! I am not rushing into anything but getting information. I wrote her and sent her a link to the ad and she thinks it's a great opportunity. Her dad works at that branch.

I have a new re-purpose idea that would be storage too. I want to find a "free" kitchen cabinet that is free (so not an upper) standing so I can add locking wheels and possibly a counter space and "park" it next to the end of the kitchen. I can hide all the clutter that is behind the screen and not visible in the "Living room" but it sure is when you are in the kitchen! I think it will be useful when I move but for now I can put the micro on top and hide some of the small appliances that are currently on the limited counter space. It may take some time hunting in the free section on CL but it is part of the fun.

Not really having any luck selling my items on CL so far. After I posted my table 4 others popped up using a lot of my ad verbage and priced less - bitches! The only bites (but no follow thru) I have had is on the cabinet and the chandelier. I will re-post them Friday and hope to get new interest.

So you have been Diva'ed for the day!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home