Wednesday, March 30, 2011

update: online dating-or is it?

I have received e-mails that have really left me shaking my head in disbelief. I actually deleted one of my free dating site profiles last night. It was the only one that let me register as Bi. I never got very far with anyone on that site and it was where I received the bulk of weird e-mails. Some examples are (from a lesbian) "Would you consider having sex with someone before getting married." A creepy guy told me what a hot well endowed lover he was and was I okay with the string of lovers he and hi Bi wife wanted to experiment with. Wha? One e-mail I got yesterday was from a 38 year old Bi that said she never really breaks up with anyone. She would always consider sleeping with an "ex" anytime. Doesn't everyone feel this way? This morning I got an e-mail from a guy who lived in the f'ing forest and is looking for a BBW!?! First off if you had read my profile at all it clearly states in the header and within the profile that I am an URBAN girl and yes I have put on a few pounds but I am not a big girl! A transitioning "straight" man (soon to be woman) figured since I was Bi I would want him/her period. Really? In the photo he sent me he looked like Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie. Was I on a dating site or at a sexual circus?

Do any of you remember my excitement about a guy I met on the more "normal" dating site? His "handle" is SweetPDXguy. He had marked me as one of his favorites but never wrote to me. I had written to others back and forth but no real connection. When I was going through the site one day I looked to see who had marked me as their favorite and that is how I found him (again). I had read his profile a couple of months before when he first "marked" me but did not to write him. When I found him again I liked the profile so I wrote to him. We hit it off and wrote at least once a day back and forth asking and answering all sorts of questions for a few weeks. The flirting was fun and when I would get a new e-mail from him it would bring a smile to my face just opening it. He was making some life changing career choices at the time and decided it was not a good time to start a relationship. I was pretty bummed and would measure any potential dates to him. Last Friday I was almost done with a bike ride and saw a tall cute red headed guy walking into a building. Definitely got my attention but at the same time there was something familiar about him but could not seem to bring it to the front of my brain. I kept biking since I was not looking my best (stinky with greasy hair in my helmet pony-tailed up) to introduce myself to a hottie. About 1/2 mile later I thought I had figured it out - SweetPDXguy! We had e-mailed off the site so I had a real e-mail address. I e-mailed him that night asking if it was him. Since then we are e-mailing back and forth in that same puts-a-smile-on-my-face flirting fun. If nothing else I hope we meet this time so I am not left wondering "what if?" That was one of the harder aspects of our "ending." Stay tuned . . . .

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home