Sunday, May 15, 2011

An Easy A

Let me just start with this statement; red heads are sooo misunderstood - duh!

I watched the movie "Easy A" when I was sick and LOVED it! I chose to watch it since I did not find anything exciting on On Demand that day so I figured WTH. I enjoyed the movie so much so I decided to watch it again tonight after the Farm Team show Ken invited me too. (painful show!) I highly recommend it. Slightly mocking but trying to be a John Hughes would do it with a modern twist. See for yourself - really.

Wood Chuck Todd (aka Lobster Todd) is the man of my dreams and what I am looking for in a real man. If you didn't see the movie or don't get it I will enlighten you. He is a guy who knows who he is and what he wants. He has a solid plan for life and pushes past all the crap and is ahead of his time. Secondly and more important he sees Olive for the person who she really is and past all the gossip/bullshit and appreciates her for the person she is- stripped. (thank you Christina Agullera) The scene directly after the "bad date" when Todd drives her home is so sweet. I want to find my own Lobster.

The 80's reference to John Cusack holding the boom box or Jake from 16 candles (excuse that the scene is taped from a person watching the movie on tv but it was all I could find!) pulls at my heart strings. I loved the Thompson Twins at the time and this song especially. I saw this movie (16 candles) with my then boyfriend later husband but sooo wanted Jake to be looking for me at the church. That was and still is the top 10 of most romantic moments in film I wished it happened to me. Over identify much? Olive reminds me of me a bit.
That and the hope of Wood Chuck Todd is finding me. . .

I did the thing you are not supposed to do dating. I wrote to a guy from the online dating site after we had a date, he asked me out again during our date on a Sat for the following Tues then cancelled. I waiting for well over a week for him to write or re-schedule but nooooo. I wrote a very nice WTF letter to him stating I was not mad but wanted to know what? and why. I really did not expect an answer but this is what I got - closure

Hello. My response might was well be a dozen reasons people hate dating online.
I am sorry I have not written. It was rude and I apologize.

I dont have an easy answer for you. My son was here and that takes all my time. I was out in Trout Lake WA on the forest most of this week so busy busy. No excuse I know but this time of year is always crazy as we prepare for a busy summer season.

Meeting with you was absolutely great. You are smart and funny and wow we think alike. But alas no zowie moment. I was completely sincere about meeting up again for dinner or some such and still sorry I had to cancel. At some point over the last few weeks I have not put any attention towards dating. I think I am frustrated and burnt out. And bit cowardly for not being direct with you.

I think for now I am going to take my profile down and hope once again for something a little more organic.
Apologize again for not getting back to you. Maybe catch a band sometime? Maybe we didnt have fireworks right off but I sure am impressed with who you are.

So not what I expected but wow! I know I was advised to let it be "you probably wont get closure" but I realize I am a gal of closure and it was nice to hear the positive things about me. I made a new promise to myself; you can seek advice for different opinions (and listen) but then follow your gut - end of story.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Goola! said...

I LOVED EasyA. And Lobster Todd is adorable!!!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

I have seen it 4-5 times now. You found your Lobster love but I still need mine! Where are you Lobster! I don't think Evil is mine . . . .

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Goola! said...

As long as you are looking for Lobster, not crabs. lol

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

I am reminded of an episode of "Friends". Phoebe is talking to Rachel about her and Ross and how they are meant for each other. She says Lobsters mate for life and some other crazy Phoebe stuff. Rachel ran off to find Ross to Phoebe yelling "He is your Lobster!" Rachel found her Lobster! When is it my turn? :)

I used to go crabbing at the beach . . .

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Goola! said...

I meant crabs as in the ones that live on diseased penises (or is it penisi). . .

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

Geez! Do you think I am the town slut? ;) I think it would only be plural if more than one was owned by own male. Speaking of slut how is ED?

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Goola! said...

that would be one AWESOME male! LoL. ED is still a slut. I think he's with a 6foot hooker, but not the Ukrainian type. did he learn his lesson? who knows?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home