Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mummy's Day!

To all the Mommy's out there good job incubating and squeezing them out - high five! It is the easiest part of the whole job. Me saying that should tell a lot since I can make 'em but cant bake 'em.

Wil surprised me last night with some Mom's Day goodies. He was going out last evening I thought to stroll up to his work to say hey to his co-workers. I asked him to please get me some OJ. I was on the couch sick with the horrible cold going around. I had to keep going last week but yesterday was butt-on-couch day. Lets be real here. Whole Moo on the couch with pillows, jammies, blanket and remote. Anyway, he came back with all the beauty you see in the photo! Tulips, a cute card, dark chocolate covered almonds sprinkled with sea salt and turbinado sugar and the asked for OJ. It was a big surprise! Wil has not had money of his own until recently so I have not gotten any Mom's Day hoopla before. He is not crafty so I never got anything homemade since grade school. (Yes. I still have those) It was a very moving surprise for me.

As for my day on the couch it was pretty f'ing good - except for the being sick part. I have been working too hard the last 2 weeks especially when sick. I needed a day (or two) to just chill and not worry about anyone else. I gotta thank my parents again for the super comfy couch. I enjoyed some HGTV, some of the Absolutely Fabulous (Ab Fab) marathon on LOGO TV, a lovely nap and then the Lady Gaga HBO 2 hour special. She is fucking awesome! Seriously, she can more than dance, love her lyrics, she follows her creative heart with her costume designs and F-you attitude but the girls voice is so strong and forceful it is a joy to witness. The best part of the special is she is herself and banters with the audience and the stream of commentary is refreshing in all the over-staged power concerts out there. The show moves along but does not seem as stressful rushed as some concert specials with the wardrobe changes and such. I like the reality side to the filming where we follow her under the stage to her costume changes. I enjoyed watching it thoroughly. She puts on a show that rivals Elton John, Prince and Billy Joel. The Monster Ball is a must see.

Even after a very physically hard week (and being sick) I was determined to go to the concert at Doug Fir. I was so excited to have 3 bands in one venue that I liked something about all of them.
The bands were all good live! Seriously, can you pass up an $8 concert? I thought I would like Violet Isle best then Derby and the Dimes but Derby really rawked! I am really glad I went and really enjoyed live rawking again. I will be going to see the top 2 again. Local talent is pretty tasty. Check them out and let me know if you want to go see them with me.

I am super psyched about my 2 new creative projects! I got a Louie style chair and an awesome Asian style screen FREE! The screen is nice as-is but with some sanding, painting and fabric magic it will be fab. The chair is re-upholster, sand, fix and paint. The chair is rough as donkeys but I am up to the challenge. They are at my parents house so I will take pics today and post. I am super excited! So many ideas are bashing to come out and the feeling is brilliant! I am in creative Moo-hear me roar
.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home