Saturday, January 19, 2013

Reminds my of home


 The last couple of days we in the Willamette Valley have been stuck in an inversion. The Mountains are sunny and 50 degrees in the day while we in the Valley are in fog some or most of the time and freezing or below! The fog reminds me of childhood growing up along the Coastal Highway that runs the seawall in San Francisco near the Sutro Baths. To be in fog and hear the fog horns, smell salt in the air and eucalyptus is coming home to me. Anyway, the fog is freezing and causing frost on the roads and cars. I cant even see "My Bridge"! I don't like being cold but am really fascinated by the frost and not being able to see very far out. It is a comforting familiar blanket to be wrapped in.

Abby does not like to be cold either. Her problem is she does not like to "get dressed" to be warm. The frozen ground really throws her. She acts like someone is playing a trick on her. She makes me laugh a lot.

This is my weekend off. I did not sign up for working the holiday so I have a three day weekend! I am enjoying the rare long weekend. I have done more to make my "Gal Pad" my own. I am also making it easier for project time! I will try to take photos tomorrow. I am cooking a slightly complicated crock pot recipe for the Geezers including my Auntie She She. I am pretty excited since it is like Chicken Pot Pie with biscuits on top.  I don't remember if I told you about the awesome crock pot my parents gave me for Christmas? The inner crock works on the stove top, oven and the crock. The glass lid is good on crock, stove top, oven and dishwasher. Seriously it rocks my cooking world! 

Umkay, betime 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home