Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I love the rain!

The last couple of days have been heaven! I was so tired of the hellish heat. My apartment gets so hot I leave my door open with a fan blowing in cooler air from the hall. I don't like to be hot. In Marta's World to be too hot or too cold is icky. :{

The cooler weather reminds me of my favorite time of the year - Fall. The smell, cooler evenings, the colors and football games. I love to curl up with a special someone or book in front of a roaring fire.Better still is if Big Band music playing and a great bottle of red wine to enjoy. Even with the music you can still hear the pattering of the rain and the sound of car tires splashing through the puddles. It's soothing to wake up in the night and hear the steady sound of rain.

I started the draft of this post last night. Who knew we would have near "white out" conditions today. If you were out trying to drive in this today you know what I'm talking about. I have never experienced any conditions like this before. Here's the way I described it to someone who didn't see it. it was like driving in a swimming pool with a water pic shower on high. I must say it was scary but fascinating. Wow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home