Monday, June 27, 2005

. . And now . . . .

I had an appointment downtown at 2:30 I could not miss. I'm so glad I paid for AAA! I asked to have a tow (ASAP) to the tire store in NW I always use. They told me it would be 20 to 30 minutes for the tow truck. Now I had just come off a long ride on a nice day so I was in need of a shower! I asked Wil to keep an eye out while I jumped in the shower. It was nearly 1pm when the driver showed up. He seemed like a nice guy. I felt complete confidence in him when he told me he had been on duty for 36 hours already. It took a long time to get the car hooked up and into NW Portland. It only looked like the car almost fell off the tow a couple three times.

We got to the store at 1:55pm. I called my appointment to say I might be late and why. Lee was totally cool with it. He was secretly hoping it was my ex that did the damage. (how would we prove it?) Anyway, They were helpful and quick and assured me it was a nail and would have it fixed for me by the time I got back at no cost! They even gave me tickets for the trolley! Thanks guys!

My appointment went well but the boys and I could use moral support in our upcoming days battle. That's all I would like to say about this for now. I just want the best for my boys.

On the way back to my car I stopped at Powells Books to see if they had the much wanted bike map. YES!!!! It isn't actually laminated but "water resistant paper." I was very excited to finally find it AND purchase it! After settling up at Powells I got back on my beloved trolley (that I miss so much) and got back to my car. What was supposed to happen on this day was getting the oil changed then dropping Nick at DOS (Dept. of Skateboarding) near the Rose Quarter on my way to my appointment with Lee. I finally got home at 4 something but still needed to get the oil changed before driving to Eugene Saturday.

Next installment will be the exciting conclusion!

2 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Joseph Perry said...

Conclusion . . . or yet another exciting beginning?!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Diva! said...

You will have to stay tuned to find out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home